At Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School (GNBVT), all extra-
curricular activities and clubs are made available to all students and do not restrict participation on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, homelessness, immigration status or veteran status (603 CMR 26.06).
- No student shall be denied the opportunity in any implied or explicit manner to
participate in an extra-curricular activity because of the race, color, sex, gender identity,
religion, national origin or sexual orientation of the student except as provided in 603
- Participation in extra-curricular activities shall be actively encouraged by GNBVT for all
students regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin or sexual
- For any clubs that have specific criteria for participation (ex: National Honor Society,
Student Mentor Program), information regarding such requirements is shared with all
students in a variety of ways: class assembly, announcements, mailings, etc.
Process for Student Participation in Extracurricular Activities or Clubs:
- At the beginning of each school year, Club Advisors and students set up informational
tables and provide information to all interested students during all lunch shifts.
- Any student can sign up to participate in a school activity or club.
- Club Advisors contact interested students and provide meeting dates/times and other
information regarding the club.
- If a student would like to start a new club, they may find an advisor (faculty/staff
member) and submit the request to Mr. Watt (CVTE Principal) for approval.