School Year Information
To Apply for School Meal Benefits: www.myschoolapps.com/
To Apply for Remote Meals: https://www.gnbvt.edu/remote-meals/
Click on the cover page below to view the 2020-2021 Student Handbook.
Download the 2020-2021 Student Handbook. If your preferred language is not listed, then use the Google translation option on the top, black navigation bar.
Class of 2021:
- Cathy Chace
- Crystal Ripley
President: Tempest Rosario
Vice-President: Alexzandria Dauphin
Secretary: Carla Victoria Alves
Treasurer: Danielle Urquhart
Academy Reps: Shawn Arruda, Violet Ptaszenski, Jackson Soares, & Elijah DeMedeiros
Class of 2022:
- Brooke Fatula
- Aimee O’Neill
President: Payton O’Brien
Vice President: Harrison Quintin
Secretary: Sarah Lopes
Academy Reps: Yancy Rivas, Christian Branco, Cassy DePina, & Natasha Barillos
Class of 2023:
- Pam Baptista
- Stacy Martin
President: Elijah Gonsalves
Vice President: Joher Cacho Lopez
Secretary: Brayden Bassett
Academy Reps: Nasaiah Algarin & Olinda Tavares
SUMMER CLASS WORK
The Literacy & Math Summer Work assignments were emailed on July 6th to the students entering 10th, 11th and 12th grade this fall. These assignments must be completed by September 16th. Students will need to access Google Classroom for the assignments.
- We understand that some students have not been able to complete their mandatory summer assignments due to a lack of technology, student was a late acceptance to GNBVT or other extenuating circumstances.
- These assignments count for 5% of their Trimester 1 grade. If your student has not been able to complete their mandatory summer assignments, please have your student contact their respective teacher to discuss ways to complete their summer assignments during the first few weeks of school.
- Grades 9 & 11- contact your math and history teacher
- Grades 10 & 12- contact your math and ELA teacher
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
- TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE, STUDENTS SHOULD BE AT THEIR STOP FIVE (5) MINUTES BEFORE TIME LISTED.
- ROUTES HAVE CHANGED FROM PREVIOUS SCHOOL YEAR. DO NOT RELY UPON LAST YEAR’S ROUTES.
To View 2020 – 2021 Bus Routes
To Download PDF of Bus Routes
Click on the correct ascending school to download a pdf of the bus schedule
- Average of 85 or above in academic courses
- Average of 85 or above in their career and technical program
- No grade lower than 75
- ” 3 ” or better in conduct and effort
No disciplinary action resulting in suspension. If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact the Dean of Freshmen.
M.G.L. Chapter 76, Section 4:
Whoever induces or attempts to induce a minor to absent himself unlawfully from school, or unlawfully employs him or harbors a minor who, while school is in session, is absent unlawfully from school, shall be punished by a fine of not more than $200. M.G.L. Chapter 76, Section 1A: (in part) The parents and guardians of each pupil shall, annually, at the commencement of each school year be sent a notice instructing them to call a designated telephone number at a designated time to inform the school of the absence of a pupil and the reason therefore. Said notice shall also require such parent or guardian to furnish the school with a home, work or other emergency telephone number where they can be contacted during the school day. If a pupil is absent and the school has not been notified by the designated time, the school shall call the telephone number or numbers furnished to inquire about said absence. M.G.L. Chapter 76, Section 2 Duties of Parents; Penalty: (in part) Every person in control of a child described in section one shall cause him to attend school as therein required, and, if he fails so to do for seven day sessions or fourteen half day sessions within any period of six months, he shall, on complaint by a supervisor of attendance, be punished by a fine of not more than twenty dollars.
Renaissance aims to increase school attendance rates, improve overall academic performance, increase graduation rates, and support a positive and safe school environment. Criteria for the four different honor rolls that compromise Renaissance are as follows
- Principal’s List: GPA 3.6 or Higher
- First Honors: GPA between 3.4 and 3.59
- Second Honors: GPA between 3.2 and 3.39
- Honorable Mention: GPA between 3.00 and 3.19
For the four categories of academic awards, students must also maintain a three or better in conduct.