Announcements, Updated 5/19/2022
Upcoming Deadlines / Events
Student DEI Survey – May 20
Car Wash – May 20
Civic Action Ukraine 5k T-shirts on Sale – May 24
Interview Skills Workshop – May 25
2022 AfterProm – May 26 – May 27
The Den Sale – the Month of May!
Senior Yearbook Final Chance!
Academic Support Program
The Academic Support Program will be offering additional tutoring services. Please have students see their guidance counselors to sign-up or visit on assigned days for help.
- Algebra I – Mr. Golembewski Mondays and Wednesdays 3-4 G109
- Algebra II – M. Aubertine Mondays and Wednesdays 3-4 B311
Biology – Ms. Grochmal Tuesdays and Thursdays 3-4 Room TBD
- Geometry – Mr. Pacheco Tuesdays and Thursdays 3-4 B315
- Stats and AP Statistics – Mr. Sousa Tuesdays in B316
- Pre-Cal, Calculus, Algebra III & Trigonometry – Mr. DeGrace Thursdays in B359
- Biology tutoring after school is canceled until further notice. Please listen for changes to this program. Thank you.
- Geometry tutoring with Mr. Pacheco has been canceled on Thursday, May 19.
Student DEI Survey
Reminder, the Student DEI survey will close on Friday, May 20th. If you have not completed the survey, please check your email, the survey link is attached. If you completed the survey, THANK YOU!
Voc-Tech Theatre Company Car Wash
This Saturday, May 21, from 9 to noon, the Theatre Company will be conducting its spring car wash. It’s designed so that the cars move through quickly and they are washed in a professional manner so that everyone leaves with a very clean ride. The entire cast and crew will be on hand to make your vehicle shine. Get your ticket from any cast or crew member. Just $5.00 to help the Voc-Tech Theatre Company continue putting on great plays here at school. Tickets will also be available at the gate. We look forward to and would greatly appreciate seeing you there. Thanks!
Attention Seniors….. Don’t miss out on the memories of the year. This is your last chance to guarantee a yearbook before your school submits its final tally! Please see either Mr. Quintin in room C104, or Mrs. Chace in room B328 before and after school. The cost of the book is $90.00 and may be paid with a debit or credit card.
Civic Action: Ukraine 5k T-shirts
Please consider purchasing a Senior Civic Action Ukraine 5k t-shirt to support Ukraine and the seniors who are raising money for the American Red Cross. The 5k is for runners and walkers and will be held on May 25th at noon during Senior Fun Day. Pease see Mr. Parker in B 254 to sign up and get your shirt. $10 for students and $20 for teachers and staff. Thank you for your support!!
Workforce Readiness Training Series Workshops
The Family Engagement Center, in collaboration with MassHire, will be hosting a Workforce Readiness Training Series for our students.
There will be TWO workshops that will provide students with valuable experience needed to excel in seeking employment opportunities:
- On May 18th there will be a Resume workshop from 2:30 – 4:00 PM in the Student Forum.
- On May 25th, there will be an Interview Skills workshop from 2:30 – 4:00 PM in the Student Forum.
The series will conclude with our Job Fair on June 9th. The job fair will be open to students and the community. A list of employers attending the fair will be provided at a later time. Please see the attached flyers and encourage students to attend. This is a great opportunity for students and our community! Hope to see you all there!
2022 After Prom
The After Prom is less than two weeks away. There are various ways you can help such as food/monetary donations, raffle prizes or your time (as little as one hour can be a great help). Please see below some ways you can help. The success of this event wouldn’t be possible without the help and support from the GNB Voc-Tech family. Every little bit helps. If anyone is interested please contact Cathy Chace (ext: 167 – email@example.com) or Jenn Gaspar (ext: 244 – firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you for your time and consideration.
- Food Items Needed https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18eEqnSljAkkgXLd1BcbLwc9f0VYn2zDHYvcapX9hazs/edit?usp=sharing
- Food Pick Up Needed 6-7 drivers the night of After Prom 5/26 – hours range from 7pm-10pm We have pickup locations in Dartmouth, Fairhaven and New Bedford If interested let us know what time and location works best for you
- Food Drop Off 1 driver to bring food to the food pantry around 6:30am-7am on 5/27
- 5/16, 5/19 & 5/23 After Prom meeting at 6pm in G141, Media Technology Help make phone calls, roll t-shirts, go through supplies etc.
- 5/25 Setting up some decorations after school in the gym until 8pm
- 5/26 Teachers are welcome to help set up during the day Volunteers Needed – will receive an email by Tuesday, 5/24 with volunteer information https://www.cognitoforms.com/GNBVocTechHighSchool/afterpromvolunteer2022 Set up (Begins at 2:30pm) – Donating just an hour of your time is appreciated 1:30 am to 3:30 am (need 80 volunteers) 11:30 pm to 1:30 am (need 80 volunteers) Clean up (Begins at 3:30am until completion – usually until 7am) – Donating just an hour of your time is appreciated
- Raffle Prizes Needed Gift cards/certificates – any value Gift baskets, games, electronics etc.
- Gift Basket Ideas: Starbucks, Movie, Laundry, College, Dunkin Donuts, Beach
The Den Sale
The Business Technology students are hosting an End-of-Year sales event at The Den! This only happens once-a-year! ALL GNBVT apparel will be discounted throughout the month of May. We are extending the hours so you don’t miss the opportunity to shop! Styles and quantities are limited, so shop early to ensure you get the merch you’ve been wanting! The Den is open every Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. and we are extending our hours for you! During cycle 27 starting this Wednesday, May 11th through May 18th, The Den will be open every day during all lunch shifts, 10:15 a.m. -1:30 p.m. Don’t miss your opportunity to pick up that hoodie or t-shirt you’ve been wanting – and save some money at the same time!
**All sales are final on discounted items.
- The athletic schedules and rosters of all of our teams are available on our new Greater New Bedford’s Arbiter Site
- Admission is FREE to all HOME games for students with an GNBVT ID.
- You can get instant updates on cancellations, changes, scores and highlights of GNBVT athletics by following us on Twitter @GNBVTbearsden
- If you have any questions about the items below, call ext 293
All girls and boys basketball games will be streamed on the GNBVT NFHS Network Channel:
GNBVT Athletic Updates
Attention only student-athletes will be allowed in the field house lobby after 2:30pm. Students that are hanging out in the lobby will be asked to leave. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
The JV baseball team played its best game of the season on Friday, handing Somerset-Berkeley just its second loss of the season by a score of 4 to 2. Hector Garcia was in complete control on the mound, allowing only 2 hits while striking out 7 to earn the complete game win. Bryce Strawn led the offense with 2 hits. Great job boys! Their record is now 10 and 5. Please dismiss the team at 2:15 today for a game at Brooklawn Park with teacher’s permission.
The Softball Team Defeated Somerset Berkley Friday by the score of 3-1, Madison Medeiros was solid on the mound going the distance ,Lena Tsonis had a HR and 2 RBIs, and Madison Medeiros was 2 for 3 and Kylee Caetano 1 for 3 to lead the Lady Bears on offense to their 17 Win of the season! Nice Job Ladies! Please dismiss the Varsity Lady Bears Softball Team at 2 pm today for an away game at ORR with teachers permission!
The JV baseball team improved to 11 and 5 on the season with yesterday’s 8 to 5 victory over Old Rochester. Jhaden Reis, Noah Couto and Cam Moniz had clutch hits during the decisive fifth inning rally. Flakes Moniz and Changeup McManus each had 2 hits. Please dismiss the team at 2:15 today for a game at Brooklawn Park.
The Softball Team Defeated ORR yesterday by the score of 14-0! Madison Medeiros was solid on the mound going the distance striking out 16 batters and giving up 3 hits and no runs and 1 walk to extend her record to 17 wins and no losses on the year . Hailey Soares and Hayleigh Silva were each 4 for 5, and Kylee Caetano and Ana Tsonis were both 3 for 4 ,Madison Medeiros and Dakota Dudley were each 2 for 4 at the plate to lead the Lady Bears on offense and to their 18 Win of the season! Nice Job Ladies keep up the good work, Please Dismiss the Lady Bears Varsity Softball Team at 2pm today for an away game at Seekonk with teachers permission!
Last night the boys volleyball team defeated Durfee High School. Curran Farnworth had a career high 16 kills in the 3-0 victory. The Boys next match is Monday against Taunton for our senior night. Come out and support your seniors. Go Bears!
The Varsity Lady Bears Softball Team Defeated Seekonk yesterday by the score of 12-2, Madison Medeiros was solid on the mound throwing 5 innings earning the win with Hayleigh Silva throwing 2 innings of relief out of the bullpen. Kylee Caetano and Madison Medeiros led the offense with 4 hits apiece, for the Lady Bears Ana Tsonis, Lena Tsonis ,Hailey Soares ,Haileigh Silva ,Genesis Nunes and Alexia Tsonis all contributed at the plate to help lead the Lady Bears on offense with their 18 hit attack and to their 19 Win of the season! Nice Job Ladies Next Game: Monday 5-23-22 VS Dighton Rehoboth @ GNB 3:45 PM Start.
Varsity baseball won yesterday 2-0 in 9 innings against Seekonk on senior day for the boys. Evan Mello pitching a complete game 2 hitter picking up the win on the mound. Mello also contributed with 3 hits. Cam Cabral hit a walk off 2 run home run for the bears. We also want to thank the 4 seniors for all the hard work during the season. Zeke Alves, Adam Araujo, Ben Farland, and Evan Mello.
Our girls lacrosse team made it a special senior night last night with a great 8-5 team win over Bristol-Plymouth. Senior Isabelle Fragata had a career night scoring 5 goals to lead the Bears. Fellow senior Alannah Paiva added a goal for the bears as well. Julia Hartford & Sara Hartford also scored a goal and Morgan Teves had 7 assists. Goalie Cass Dias was solid in net for the win. Coach B would like to thank our 3 seniors Kara Ferreira, Alannah Paiva and Isabelle Fragata for their leadership this season. The team will travel to Fairhaven for a 4:30 game this afternoon.