Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement
Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School fosters an inclusive environment that values the diversity of our school community and respects individual differences. Each individual is embraced, celebrated, and treated equitably. We aim to foster a dialogue conducive to learning, acceptance, and cultural enrichment. GNB Voc-Tech promotes its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through discussion, education, and promotion of an environment that encourages scholarship, learning, and respect for diverse backgrounds and viewpoints to prepare students for lives in a multicultural society.
Director of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Family Engagement
Title IX Coordinator: Yolonda Dennis
p: Ext. 563
Message from the Director of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Family Engagement & District Title IX Coordinator:
It is an honor and privilege for me to serve as the Director of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Family Engagement. GNBVT is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment to work, study and learn, and preparing our students to be future leaders to better serve the needs of our surrounding communities. I am dedicated to making GNBVT an environment that purposely and intentionally promotes and recognizes the diverse strengths of our students, faculty, and staff.
We celebrate unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives, and create brave safe spaces where all students, faculty, and staff have an opportunity to be heard and supported regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic status. GNBVT has been actively making significant strides in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our learning and working community and will continue to be committed to these principles. My professional experience spans over 15 years in diversity, equity, and inclusion and it is my honor and pleasure to be part of the change at Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School. I am proud of the work that we are doing and looking forward to the change we will continue to do together. To implement change, you must have difficult conversations, and having difficult conversations will open doors to change. We must work together, give voice to the voiceless, and be resilient to build a culture of respect and acceptance in diversity.
Director of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Family Engagement & District Title IX Coordinator
Title IX COORDINATOR
The Title IX Coordinator is the responsible district employee who provides leadership and direction in overseeing the prevention, response, and remediation related to sexual harassment. This includes receiving reports and providing supportive measures. Any student or employee who believes they have been discriminated against or harassed should report their concern promptly to the Title IX Coordinator. In the event that the Title IX Coordinator is unavailable, including unavailability due to a conflict of interest, the Superintendent shall designate another appropriately qualified and trained individual to serve as the Title IX Coordinator in that case.
Yolanda Dennis, Director of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Family Engagement is designated as the district Title IX Coordinator. Any student and/or employee who believes that they have been discriminated against or harassed, including disparities in athletics, please report promptly and contact Ms. Dennis at Yolanda.email@example.com or call 508-998-3321 ext. 563. The Title IX office is located in J138, Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Title IX Coordinator Certifications:
- K-12 Title IX Coordinator & Administrator One: Foundations, October 2022
- K-12 Title IX Coordinator & Administrator Two, October 2022
- K-12 Civil Rights Investigator One: Foundations, October 2022
- K-12 Civil Rights Investigator Two, October 2022
The District attended the following training to comply with the new regulations and requirements. This list will be expanded based on mandated training and workshops required under Title IX.
- Title IX, Course Completion, National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), July 2022.
- School Employee Sexual Misconduct: Legal Requirements and Best Practices for Prevention and Response, May 2022, Utica National Insurance Group.
- Compliance Training for Title IX Team, Melissa R. Murray, Norris, Murray & Peloquin, LLC, August 2020
- The First Amendment and Title IX: An OCR Short Webinar
- OCR Short Webinar on How to Report Sexual Harassment under Title IX
- Conducting and Adjudicating Title IX Hearings: An OCR Training Webinar
- OCR Webinar on Due Process Protections under the New Title IX Regulations
- OCR Webinar on New Title IX Protections Against Sexual Assault
- OCR Webinar: Title IX Regulations Addressing Sexual Harassment
Title IX Additional Resources: