What is Cosmetology?
Students receive hands-on experience in a real-life environment, as well as related theory instruction in a classroom setting. Upper level students will have the opportunity to provide services to clients in the Junior/Senior hairdressing salon, which is open to the public. During their senior year, students may also be eligible to go on Co-op once acquiring their Cosmetology license.
The Cosmetology program prepares students to pursue a career in the beauty industry. With an emphasis on hair care, students are taught the skills necessary to perform a variety of salon services such as haircutting, hair coloring, chemical texturizing, hair texturing, and hair styling. Basic makeup application, skin, and nail care are also taught and practiced.
Deep conditioning treatment
Deep conditioning treatment/blow-dry
Face frame highlights
+ Prices are listed at their minimum. Prices may vary due to a customer’s needs.
Salon 20 is opened from:
- On Day 2 through Day 5 the salon will be open for business, and on Day 1 and Day 6 the salon will be closed for instruction.
- Additionally, customers of Salon 20 must be 21 years or older in order to purchase or experience any of these services.
- Be sure to call ext. 109 in order to book any Salon 20 appointments.
- All services are preformed by trained students and teachers from the Cosmetology department. Salon 20 will be open until the end of the year and will be offering monthly specials for blowouts, manicures, and waxes.
- Please keep an eye on your email as the Cosmetology department will send out a new special each month.