April 6th and 7th Proud GNBVT Senior Signs: Distributed to all seniors
- Any senior who has not received their sign, please visit the Welcome Center for pick up
April 16th – 25th The Class of 2021 Officers and Advisors are “gifting” every student a senior t-shirt!
- We are opening the Google Form enabling you to choose a t-shirt size for one more day! If you have not submitted your size, please do so by Friday, April 30th, 8 a.m.
- Google Forms to claim your size were distributed prior to vacation and due April 25th. All seniors will receive a t-shirt, those who did not return the form will not be guaranteed their size of choice
April 29th 12 p.m. – South Coast Conference
- Virtual Award Ceremony to recognize the Academic All-Stars!
May 10th – Welcome Back Green and Gold Spirit Day!
- This will be the first day in which all students will be in attendance! We would like to celebrate the return of our students with style!
May 12th – Q&A Form: A chance to have your questions answered and/or concerns addressed
- All forms were to be submitted on Monday, May 17th at 8am
- We will do our best to address all topics with the most current information available.
May 17 & 18 – Yearbook Distribution, Cap and Gown Distribution, Senior T-Shirt Distribution, and Hollywood Night Ticket Sales
- Seniors will receive their Yearbook, Cap and Gown (which they will need $23) and Senior T-Shirts! If they want to go to the Hollywood Movie Night, Seniors may purchase tickets during this time.
April 16th – May 28th – Senior ShoutOUTs!
- We love the class of 2021! Do you want to give a video shout out to your favorite senior? Record a horizontal video congratulating your favorite senior, and submit your video today! Your video should be no more than 60 seconds and will be posted on our school’s website and social media platforms. Video submissions only. Photos will not be accepted. Deadline to submit will be May 28th, anything after that may not be posted until after graduation.
April 16th through June 4th – BEAR PRIDE – Take a selfie with your signs!
- Show off your Senior Pride by taking a “selfie” with your GNBVT Senior Signs at your favorite location! Be creative and show us the true meaning of being part of the Voc-Tech family. Some suggestions: on your front steps, at the beach, hanging with other seniors, Etc. We can’t wait to see all the BEARS out there showing the GNB Voc-Tech Pride!
- Group photos must adhere to COVID-19 guidelines to be posted on social media.
Senior Spirit Week!
- May 24- Car Decorating Contest and Senior Shirt Day
- If you are participating with a decorated car, you will be directed to the overflow lot.
- For road safety, please ensure you adhere to all road and safety traffic laws
- Wear your Seniors Tees with pride!
- More details to be released next week.
- May 25 & 26 – When You Are in Shop – Chromebook Collection Days & Yearbook Signing with Picnic on the Green
- When you are in shop, your shop will be called to come to the main foyer to return your Chromebook and charger back to the school.
- BRING YOUR OWN PICNIC BLANKET!!! Seniors, come prepared with your own blanket for a picnic in the afternoon. A BBQ-style lunch will be served to all seniors. A time to unwind and enjoy a socially-distanced picnic with your classmates.
- May 27 – Come with Your Cap Decorated Day
- Come with your caps already decorated in preparation for Graduation! Shop rules must be adhered to where caps may need to be removed for shop and safety rules.
- May 28 Day – Senior Sign Out!
- All Seniors will report to their shop. Each shop will then be called to the Academy Administrator’s office and each student will present to the Administrator who will verify that the student does not owe anything outstanding to the school (no balances with the Business Office, Library Books, Sports Equipment, Chromebook and/or Charger, etc.), if you do not owe anything, the Administrator will give you your graduation tickets and you will proceed to the Tent where you will be met by the Guidance team and you will receive your cumulative and medical records. You will then be immediately dismissed- see you at Graduation! If you do owe items, you will not officially be signed-out and will need to complete any outstanding requirements in order to be signed out.
- May 28 Night – Hollywood Night At The Movies!
June 2nd – Senior Awards Night
- TBD – In person located in the Z Walter Janiak Field House at 6 p.m.
- Invitations will be sent to seniors who are scheduled to receive an award or scholarship.
- Students are allowed two guests each.
June 4th – Graduation Ceremony!
- The Class of 2021 Commencement is planned to take place outdoors on the GNBVT Field. Details regarding the number of guests and procedures are being finalized and will be distributed as soon as possible
TBD – Yearbook Supplements
- The Yearbook Advisors are “gifting” the senior class with supplemental pages! The supplement will include pictures of senior activities and events as an addendum!
Senior Activity and Event Schedule
The GNBVT Administrators, Class of 2021 Advisors, Class of 2021 Officer Team, and Faculty are excited to present an activity and event schedule to celebrate and commemorate our Seniors! The Class of 2021 has been the most affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and we understand this year has been extremely challenging. It is our hope that our “Steps to Graduation” activities will help end your educational journey with joy and fond memories.
Some of the dates, activities and events are tentative and will need further planning and approval to make them happen.
- All events may be subject to change. We know this is not ideal; we do not want to cause confusion or disappointment. However, there are still many variables (public health, ordinances, etc.) that may cause reassessment and fluctuations to our plan.
- All events will strictly adhere to public health compliance guidelines at the time the event is held. Any student or persons who is unwilling to comply with all regulations will forfeit participation privileges of school sponsored events.
- We are organizing a Q&A session with advisors and class officers. You will be able to submit questions and topics by Google Form (to be emailed). All topics will be addressed to the best of our ability and updated available information.
- We have been working extremely hard to organize an event to offer in place of a traditional “Prom”. Unfortunately, current restrictions do not allow the traditional dinner and dance event – especially with the size of our senior class. However, we are presenting two options to the seniors via Google Form to gauge interest levels. Please take a moment to submit which option you would prefer. We will do our absolute best to accommodate the option of choice. However, due to the continual changes, funding, and feasibility, the final choice will be determined in consideration to all variables.
- These events will be posted on the school calendar under the student event filter. Please refer to the calendar for updated information.