GNB Voc-Tech Institute
Our Adult Education Program offers more than 80 courses through a trimester format for those who wish to obtain new or additional skills or interests.
Courses include licensed trade areas (ex: electrical, medical, carpentry, and plumbing) as well as non-licensed areas (ex: machine shop, automotive, computer technology, photography, pharmacy tech, and welding).
Language courses are also offered including Portuguese, Spanish, and American Sign Language. Classes are also offered in practical arts (culinary, clothing, gardening, and areas of special interest).
In addition to the economic benefits for the participants, as well as our local economy, each year approximately 1,500 area residents leave the program with additional skills; greater competency; increased confidence; and new or renewed interests; as well as new social contacts.
The Greater New Bedford Vocational Technical Institute has updated our social media presence. Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram for registration dates, course updates, cancellations, and scholarship information.
We are creating our very own website. Our information will still be found through the high school’s site, but we are designing a new look, specifically tailored for industry professionals!
2021 SPRING BROCHURE * Update Below
ELECTRICAL SPRING 2021
Ways to Register
Create Account or Sign In
(Credit Card Only)
2. In Person
(Cash, Credit, and Checks)
3. During School Hours:
8:00am – 3:00pm
4. Over The Phone
(508) 998-3321 Ext. 195
(Credit Card Only)
GNBVTI Expectations and Key Information
- There is absolutely NO SMOKING anywhere on campus
- Parking is allowed in the main parking lots or designated shop areas. Automobiles which are illegally parked will be tagged and brought to the attention of the police.
- When GNB Voc-Tech day school has been cancelled for inclement weather, evening school classes ARE NOT automatically cancelled. A separate decision will be made and announced. Check the Website at www.gnbvt.edu or Check us out on Facebook for snow cancellations. You may also call our snow cancellations line, 508-998-3321 ext.444 or listen to radio stations WBSM, WNBH, or WSAR for further information. Make-up classes will be scheduled at the discretion of the adult Education Director.
- At the conclusion of the Adult Education Program, students will be given a certificate in their respective programs if they have attended 75% of the required class
- It is a school policy that no one is allowed into the building or any classrooms at any time unless they are an Adult Education student.
- C.E.U.’s and P.D.P.’s are available upon request for some courses
- Instructor names on courses are subject to change