About VHS Learning
VHS Learning was the first in the nation to provide online classes for high school students and connect them to teachers and other students around the world. VHS Learning offers schools the ability to expand their catalogs and offer classes for which there may be limited demand since the school does not need to fill the classes.
To learn more about a week in the life of a VHS Learning student, click here: https://vhslearning.org/students.
VHS Learning at Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School
GNBVT has partnered with VHS Learning, a nonprofit that provides world-class online programs to students and schools everywhere, since 2016.
How does it work?
- Each class is led by a teacher and averages 21 students per teacher to maximize student-to-student and student-to-teacher interaction.
- Classes are paced and have weekly due dates for assignments, group work and discussion posts.
- Students can access their course work anywhere they have internet access and are not required to log in at a certain time each day.
- GNBVT will grant credit to students who successfully complete VHS Learning classes.
Important Notes about VHS at GNBVT:
- Virtual High is for Seniors Only
- Students taking an AP VHS course must take the AP Exam.
- Once students are enrolled in a full-year VHS course they will not be allowed to drop the course
If you would like to register for a VHS Learning class listed below at GNBVT, please contact your guidance counselor during course selection.
- Spanish I
- AP Biology
- AP Chemistry
- AP Environmental Science
- AP Computer Science Principles
- AP Physics (Algebra Based)
Other VHS courses may be available with prior approval from the Director of Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment, and Accountability, Mr. Helder Angelo.