REPORTS TO: Academy Administrator / Academic Department Head
REQUIREMENTS: High School Graduate
WORK YEAR: As Needed
PRIMARY LOCATION: Greater New Bedford Voc-Tech High School
SALARY RANGE: $120.00 / Per Day
- Report to the department office twenty minutes prior to the beginning of school; secure necessary keys, assignments and sub folder.
- Check teacher’s mailbox for notices that require immediate attention.
- Study and follow the teacher’s lesson plans.
- Record accurate pupil attendance according to stipulated directions.
- Strive to attain a regular disciplined pattern of classroom operation.
- Monitor the use of all school equipment and materials. Report any willful destruction of school property to the Department Head/Coordinator.
- Report all accidents to the Department Head/Coordinator.
- Send any student illness or accident problems to the Nurse.
- Make certain if there are any duties or other activities in which you are expected to participate.
- Be familiar with rules and regulations pertaining to fire and safety drills posted in the area.
- Corridor or area duty is from 7:30 a.m. – 7:40 a.m., between class periods, and at 2:30 p.m.
- Remain fifteen minutes after close of the school day. Room should be orderly and keys returned to the office.
- Leave a written summary regarding the work covered, the attitude of the pupils and special comments.
- Check with the department head/coordinator at the close of the school day to see if your teaching services are needed the following day.
Interested in working here?
Nancy M. Markey
Director of Human Resources
Greater New Bedford Vocational Technical High School
508-998-3321 ext. 784
Mission and Values The mission of the Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical School District is to provide education that is rigorous, relevant, and meaningful to each student in a safe and supportive environment, resulting in academic, career and technical excellence. This experience encourages lifelong learning, fosters mutual respect, and instills social responsibility, respect for diversity, and responsible citizenship. Our core values are preparation, passion, and perseverance. For information on working for the Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical School District please visit our website at gnbvt.edu Equal Opportunity Employer The Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical School District is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. Non-Discrimination Policy The Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, homelessness, immigration or veteran status in its education programs and activities, including admission to or employment in such programs or activities.