Post Graduation Resources
Recursos Posteriores a la Graduación ♦ Recursos de Pós-Graduação
If you’re reading this, then congratulations!
You’ve either just earned your high school diploma or you are well on your way to doing so and already taking the steps to plan what comes next. When thinking about what to do after high school, you have a lot of options. Since there are many high school graduates who may find themselves thinking of a list of “things I wish I knew before high school,” we want to stop you in your tracks from following in that path further down the line. As a result, take some time to read over the following ideas of what to do after high school. Keep in mind that everyone’s trajectory looks different, so take the time to listen to your gut to determine the options that work best for you.
Go To College:
- Bristol Community College | 774.357.2947 | E-Mail: NewBedford@BristolCC.edu | 800 Purchase St, New Bedford, MA 02740
- Bristol Community College is a comprehensive community college offering more than 150 career and transfer programs of study that lead to an associate degree in science, arts, applied sciences, and certificates of accomplishment or achievement.
- Lesley University | 617.349.8428| E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | DeMello International Center 128 Union St, New Bedford, MA 02740
- Lesley University is now offering our world-renowned programs in education, business, arts, and more to people who live or work in the New Bedford/Bristol County area in Massachusetts. From bachelor’s degree completion programs to master’s programs for current or aspiring educators, we’re bringing programs to you through a partnership with the DeMello International Center for the lowest cost per credit in the region.
- UMASS Dartmouth | 508.910.9004 | 715 Purchase Street- New Bedford, MA 02740
- The Workers’ Education Program (WEP) provides adult education classes including English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Adult Basic Education (ABE), and ESOL for Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) classes. We are funded by the Adult and Community Learning Services division of the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Different Types of Federal Student Aid
- Financial aid can come from federal, state, school, and private sources to help you pay for college or career school.
- Federal Application For Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Financial aid for college or graduate school.
- Job Corps
- At Job Corps, students have access to room and board while they learn skills in specific training areas for up to three years. In addition to helping students complete their education, obtain career technical skills and gain employment, Job Corps also provides transitional support services, such as help finding employment, housing, child care, and transportation. Job Corps graduates either enter the workforce or an apprenticeship, go on to higher education, or join the military.
- MassHire | 508.990.4000 | 618 Acushnet Avenue – New Bedford, MA 02740
- Job search assistance, internet employment opportunities, resource library for job search, job matching, job fairs, on-site employer recruitment, labor market information, community resource information, job placement assistance, career counseling/planning, Veteran’s employment counseling, job application completion, resume development assistance, job clubs/networking, educational assessment, skills and interest assessment, continuing education information, financial aid assistance, interviewing guidance, re-employment opportunities, various job search workshops, On-The-Job Training opportunities, occupational skills training, GED, ABE and educational remediation programs.
You’ve Got Options, Now Make the Choice!
As you can see, the possibilities are endless when you are deciding what to do after high school. It’s worthwhile to assess both your short-term and long-term needs and goals when you choose your after-high school plans. While it can be an overwhelming exercise to think about, you can take comfort in knowing that you can always change course or adjust your choice if need be.