GREATER NEW BEDFORD REGIONAL VOCATIONAL TECHNICAL HIGH SCHOOL
1121 Ashley Boulevard • New Bedford, MA • 02745-2496 Tel. 508-998-3321 • Fax 508-995-7268 • www.gnbvt.edu
Preparation • Passion • Perseverance
August 24, 2021
Message from Assistant Principals Caron and Pimental’s Office:
Re: Morning Drop-Off, Pick-up, and Bussing
- All parents dropping off their child must drop them off in the “horseshoe” in front of the building and NEVER IN THE PARKING LOT.
- Follow all signs.
- Entry into driveway for student pick-up is not allowed between 2:00-2:45p.m. unless you are dismissing a student. Pick up in the rear of the school is not allowed.
- All pick-ups must be done on Ashley Blvd.
- Bus routes are final and bus stops will not be added to bus routes.
- If your child has a disability, and requires accommodations, please call Dr. Larkin at ext. 790.
- Once students are issued an ID, they must wear it onto the bus to gain access.
- Once a student has an established bus stop, they will not be able to ride on another bus unless they bring a parent/guardian note or a parent/guardian call is made to confirm the bus change with Mrs. Martin (Security Dept. Administrative Assistant).
Re: Parking Permits
As you may know, it is required that your child must have a parking permit to use the school parking lot. As stated in the 2021-2022 Student Handbook: Parking on school property is a privilege, not a right. This privilege is limited to students with a parking permit. Students without a parking permit may not park on school grounds except on weekends, during school vacations, or when attending evening functions. Students that have a parking permit may park in white lined parking spots. Students will only be allowed to park in the yellow lined parking spots after 2:30 p.m., as these parking spots are reserved for teachers and staff.
The parking permit must be visible, and placed in the middle of the windshield, behind the rearview mirror. Parking permits will be strictly enforced for the 2021-2022 school year. Students will have until September 10, 2021 to park in the parking lot without a parking permit. After that, they will be told to park off campus until they get a parking permit. Students will be able to attain a parking permit free of charge, which can be picked up at the Security Office with Stacey Martin.
If you have any questions, please contact Stacey Martin at 508-998-3321 ext.286
Jeffrey Caron, Assistant Principal
Robert Pimental, Assistant Principal
Download this Letter
This letter is translated in English, Portuguese, and Spanish, which is included in the download. To download the letter in another language, please use the google translation option on the top, black navigation bar.
Michael P. Watson, Superintendent-Director
Warley Williams, Principal
Proudly Serving the Towns of Dartmouth and Fairhaven and the City of New Bedford