MASSHIRE Greater New Bedford Career Center has announced the release of their 2020 Summer Works Program Application. Students should go to https://jobquest.dcs.eol.mass.gov/jobquest to register.
YouthWorks Summer Jobs Program 2020 Application
Applications will be accepted through May 31, 2020. YouthWorks Summer Jobs Program will run from July 6,2020 through August 28, 2020. You will only be notified of the status of your application by email. If you do not have an email, create one through either gmail.com or hotmail.com. We cannot guarantee a response if your application is not submitted using a private email.
To submit an application, you must:
- Be at least age 14 by May 31,2020 and not older than 21 by July 6,2020
- Be a resident of one of the cities/towns we serve (see document #3)
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Register on https://jobquest.dcs.eol.mass.gov/jobquest
- Meet at least one of the following income criteria:
- is eligible for free or reduced lunch during the most recent or current school year
- is a recipient of SNAP (formerly known as Food Stamps)
- is a recipient of Temporary Family Assistance (TANF)
- is a member of a family whose income is equal to or less than 200% of the 2020 federal poverty level (see document #2)
We anticipate instituting a lottery due to high demand and limited slots. Eligible applicants who are randomly selected are required to interview with MassHire Greater New Bedford staff and submit all required documents. Applications are only accepted online. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Information is collected through a secure, encrypted website and will only be used for the YouthWorks Summer Jobs Program 2020.