Family Engagement Center
Adult Education and Employment Resources
Recursos para la Educación de Adultos y el Empleo ♦ Recursos Destinados à Educação de Adultos e ao Emprego
- Bristol Community College |774.357.4002| 800 Purchase Street-New Bedford, MA 02740
- Bristol Community College is a comprehensive community college offering more than 150 career and transfer programs of study that lead to an associate degree in science, arts, applied sciences, and certificates of accomplishment or achievement.
- GNB Voc-Tech Institute | 508.910.9004 | 1121 Ashley Boulevard – New Bedford – MA – 02745
- GNBVTI offers evening programs including Advanced Manufacturing, Automotive, Carpentry, Culinary Arts, Foreign Language, Medical, and Welding. In addition, there are several evening continuing education/licensure courses including Construction Supervisors, Electrical, OSHA, Plumbing, and Steam Engineering.
- Immigrants’ Assistance Center | 508.996.8113 | 58 Crapo Street #1 – New Bedford, MA 02740
- The IAC works with clients who have achieved citizenship to become economically self-sufficient and contributing members of the Greater New Bedford workforce.
- MassHire | 508.990.4000 | 618 Acushnet Avenue – New Bedford, MA 02740
- Job search assistance, internet employment opportunities, resource library for job search, job matching, job fairs, on-site employer recruitment, labor market information, community resource information, job placement assistance, career counseling/planning, Veteran’s employment counseling, job application completion, resume development assistance, job clubs/networking, educational assessment, skills and interest assessment, continuing education information, financial aid assistance, interviewing guidance, re-employment opportunities, various job search workshops, On-The-Job Training opportunities, occupational skills training, GED, ABE and educational remediation programs.
- UMASS Dartmouth | 508.910.9004 | 715 Purchase Street- New Bedford, MA 02740
- The Workers’ Education Program (WEP) provides adult education classes including English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Adult Basic Education (ABE), and ESOL for Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) classes. We are funded by the Adult and Community Learning Services division of the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.