Although we clearly considered the Super Bowl as part of our timing, we need to be prepared to utilize the “school opening delay” procedures with the likelihood of a storm that may end early morning or one that poses a challenge during the normal morning commute time.
It has been many years since we practiced the “school opening delay” procedures. The drill on Monday will be a first time experience for most people involved with scheduling and the overall logistics of the process. By exercising a planned delay, we can ensure operations to be seamless when we need to implement it for an actual storm or emergency circumstances.
Key Information to Know:
- There will be no placement for the day.
- Doors and gates of GNBVT open at 9:00 am
- Staff report at 9:00 am, 9:15 am, and 9:30 am to reflect the time you start ordinarily.
- Buses will be delayed by two hours. The buses will run its typical pickup schedule at the same location, it’s just with a two-hour delay – same pickup location. For example, if a normal bus pickup is at 6:40 am then the bus pickup will be at 8:40 am.
- Students – 9:30 am – report to 3rd period
- 9:40 am – Announcement, Pledge, and Attendance
- Follow regular schedule thereafter